Monday, May 28, 2007

 

Bus Driving

I have been organising a bus "P" Endorsement to my licence to do some part time bus driving, and start work tomorrow for Greg Paul Coaches based at the airport. I can get about 30 hours a week work this way, truck driving tends to be 50-60 hours a week. The licence endorsement has cost over $500 so far. I didn't get a photo-id which is required for taxis, but at Greg Paul's they said I did need one as they do some limo work. Another $128 has just gone out on that. And hourly rates for bus driving are less than truck driving!

If you ever think of doing licence upgrades, avoid AA Manukau in Cavendish Drive. The driving test man there was a grumpy individual who yelled at me for thinking he said stop 'by the sign' and not 'stop by the side'. Also he required me to fill in his evaluation (with prompting) and sign it before he got out of the car. Job for life for him. Stress for me.

Greg Paul has 28 seater coaches and some smaller vehicles and does all kinds of charters (e.g. following the rally cars) as well as regular trips like aircrew hotel-airport runs. Many of his staff are part-timers. They seem a good bunch.

Comments:
Sounds painful, think I will stick to Blogging!

The Million Dollar Experiment Down Under
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?