Monday, October 20, 2008

 

My Artistic Career

The art shop in Manukau City is willing to try and sell my paintings and wants a range of them for starters. She has given me some good tips on where to buy supplies and how to make the final picture glossy so it can be wiped clean.



This is the sort of thing that she sells and the first I've done in this style. It's just under a metre long. The punters don't seem to want aircraft.

Update: the economics are tough this project. The shop marks up 2.2 X cost. Typical sell prices are $220 for this sort of thing so $100 for me for 2 days work. This size 12" x 36" canvas board cost $25 but I have found a source at half that price, 10 at a time.

Comments:
That's great news, congratulations. That's a really nice painting of Rangitoto. Rocky Bay would be a nice one to see if you felt so inclined.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?