Monday, March 15, 2010

 

Paihia and Russell



The bus tour had a free day in Paihia today so I took the ferry to Russell and walked up Flagstaff Hill, (the one Hone Heke cut down four times). Great views towards Paihia and out to sea. A nice chat to a camper-vanning Dutchman and his wife, from Haarlem.



Some seagull shots around the Russell wharf. The brown gull is a juvenile black-backed gull, they take 2 years to get the adult colours. But what a great dragon shirt that guy has, I had one just like that with red dragons....





Back in Paihia I walked up to the lookout in the hills, more good views and I came upon this little bird, I thought it was a fantail but I think it maybe is a wren.

Comments:
I wonder what happened to those beautiful dragon shirts?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?